Friday, April 19, 2013

Babysitting at the Bay

16 April 2013

The Philippine Pediatric Society just had its annual convention and my pediatrician aunt from Pangasinan had to attend.

They stayed at the Sofitel Manila, one of the poshest hotels in the city (at least in my humble opinion). Doctors' accommodations are usually sponsored for these things and my aunt usually lets me tag along. In return, I watch over my cousins while she attends the conference and business meetings, and catches up with her residency friends from Manila.

The room had a nice balcony.



Look at that smog. I wonder if the sky was bluer before the automobile was invented.
There are times when I dread these things because my cousin Matthew can get a little... bratty. Thankfully, he's less pushy and more subdued this time. It's a nice change from last time (I made him cry), but it also reminds me that the cousins are growing up fast.

Matthew.


I purposely brought my camera so I can capture the sunset. But because of a brief (2-hour) jaunt in the pool with a 7 year old, I missed the actual sunset by minutes. I got the orange glow instead.

But the orange glow is still pretty nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment