Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Doodles and notes

17 October 2012

Sembreak has finally arrived and I want to relax before embarking on my schematics.

I was browsing my hard drive for some past pictures to create another batch of digital exposures (for shits and giggles), and I found these babies.


Notes and drawings from a small food stall along the Chao Phraya
I always bring a notebook with me. Before I discovered the Flexy notebooks, I opted for any notebook with blank sheets. 

I had this little one back in 2009. I didn't know what to do when I filled it, since journals and blank pages were not as popular a few years ago. Thankfully, I got less picky and started using lined notebooks.



 The Lady of the Clouds is an short story I wrote, and I included illustrations. Looking back, I realize how much free time I had back then. I also had a lot of brainfarts. And now I want all those back.

The Lady of the Clouds


The notebook is also filled with random doodles.




I was visualizing the Philippine map while writing the provincial capitals by memory. It was required for Kas 1.
I also had a lot of drawings of places I imagined, and places I've been to. 





After seeing this, I compared it to my present notebook. It has less drawings, and no drawings of places at all. Not a single sketch of anything spatial, except for schematic doodles, which don't really count.

I admit I'm out of practice. I don't know whether it's possible to just "forget" how to draw, but this is a skill given by God, and I have to improve it, no matter how out of practice I am, and how bad my present drawings are. 

 I have to draw some more.



No comments:

Post a Comment