Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

31 October 2012


I'm bumping this post because it's HALLOWEEN!!!

I spent most of my morning cleaning up this porcelain doll. She was given to my sister by a relative from abroad when I was seven years old. The doll spent most of its time with us inside its plastic packaging (if you're a traditional Filipino, you'll understand why).

Then in high school, I took her out of her packaging and placed her in my room, on top of my shelf, where her glassy eyes can watch over me as I sleep. I know it sounds creepy, but I placed her there to cure her of my fear of dolls and any life-like object.


It's not that she's scary. She's a pretty cute doll. But I have to admit there were times when I trick my eyes into believing that her gaze is following me as I move inside the room.

Anyway, I cleaned her up (a lizard actually had the audacity to lay its eggs on the teddy bear) and we had a small photoshoot outside the house.





Authentic porcelain.





I kept on imagining her to move through the grass as I was taking her picture. I scare myself a lot.






I like to think that she has cured me of my fear of dolls, but not completely. Even now, I still haven't named her, because she might come alive once I do (like Chuckie).

I just put her in front of doors to freak people out.


No comments:

Post a Comment