Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pucay Road + Bencab

27 December 2012

My mother had a mini-reunion in Baguio City, where she studied high school. My grandparents sent her to an exclusive all-girls school up there in the mountains. It was run by nuns. My grandfather said that they were not satisfied with the high schools in Pangasinan, so they sent her (and one of my aunts) to Baguio because Holy Family (now co-ed and runs by a different name) was a good school.

My grandmother said they wanted her to become a nun. Yeah, right.

Anyway, we went to Baguio and visited one of my grandmother's friends, and her neighbor. The neighbor owns a really beautiful house, with extensive views and gardens that grow just about anything.


Coffee





Then we went to the Bencab Museum along Asin Road.







I found it interesting that Bencab found his muse in a vagrant woman.



My grandmother nagged me into taking pictures of paintings that she liked.



Stealing old flower seeds.... shhhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment