Friday, September 14, 2012

/Bad Day

13 September 2012


The day started badly. We had an exam early in the day. I think I failed it. I couldn't study because the maids had a bitch fight in the garden the (mid)night before. Ugh. I hate running households, especially if I don't get much of a say on how things are done. I'm not a bratty person at all, most especially not with the household help. I keep my room clean and make my bed every morning and not let my clothes have bitch stains.

But displaying violence during midnight in the garden, where the whole world can see, is totally unacceptable to me. My uncle, who pays the bills, did not have the heart to really get mad (he's just too nice), and has already let it go. But the thing is, two supposedly mature adults fighting like kids is intolerable to me...INTOLERABLE!!! I don't care if they're from the *bukid! I've met people from the bukid too. My grandfather is from the bukid and he does not act like a rampaging bull who resorts to violence when he's mad!

I hate it when people start patronizing household help who come from low income families and have a lack of formal education. I hate it when they let the lack of manners pass because they assume that these people "do not know any better". I'm telling you, they do know better. If they don't, it is up to the employer to tell them how it's supposed to be done.

That's why I just EXPLODED on them yesterday. They're supposed to be here to work, not to fight with the people from other houses.

When it comes to things like honest work, they have to deliver. I don't care if they have disagreements. Work is work, and personal things should NEVER get in the way.

*bukid = farm

No comments:

Post a Comment