Saturday, September 1, 2012

The PAGASA Astronomical Observatory

28 August 2012

So I visited the PAGASA Observatory in UP last Tuesday to interview some members of UP Astrosoc for my thesis. I had to cut a lecture by my adviser *ehem* Madam Dean *ahem*, but the interview was already rescheduled a few times and I felt guilty. Oh well.

The place looks gloomy. I arrived at 5:30pm and the sky was overcast. The sunset couldn't be seen at all.

It made the place look creepy.
The hallways are creepy.
Astrosoc's tambayan is located on the observatory's "moon deck", partially hidden by this small dome (I forgot to ask what it's for). 
 I interviewed two members of the org. They were really nice, and quite pleased to hear about my topic. Their activities sound exciting (they stargaze under the open skies all night long).


Entrance to the sundeck. So art deco.


At least the grounds are maintained.

The chem building looks like it's part of the observatory


The present observatory is understaffed and in need of updating. I hope that the economy takes off to a point where things like science and research can be given priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment