Sunday, August 26, 2012

Greenbelt


An aunt gave me tickets to Repertory Philippines' "The Wizard of Oz". Since none of my cousins and siblings wanted to come with me due to weekend activities, I took the high school bestie, John, with me.

It's weird. I don't have any pictures of him. What I have pictures of is fabulous Greenbelt. 

Surprisingly, the koi were not as rabid as they are in Nuvali. I hope Ayala learns that lesson. 

The girls were daring each other to jump




I don't usually go to Greenbelt because it's out of the way (and MRT Ayala is one of the most stressful train stations), and I feel like I can never go there without spending a lot of money.

But John is always here because he lives a few tamblings away. Ikaw na sosyal!

Anyway, I arrived early and he was still changing (he asked if he needed to wear smart casual... he was serious). So I roamed around Greenbelt 5 for a while and took pictures.

Foreigners love dining al fresco here, while the locals dash for aircon. I think the heat is a novelty for them.


*wants to live here*

*or here*

So this is how you "beam" a curved plan

I couldn't help but take a closer picture




While roaming around the place, it got me thinking that so much money is spent on place like this beautiful shopping mall, but a very limited number of people can enjoy it to the fullest. The green areas were surrounded by labels like Banana Republic, Cartier, Zara, etc. It's obvious that the space was created for luxury. I just wish we had more green spaces that are open to the public. 

Anyway, we watched the play, but they took away my camera (boo), so I had to make do with iTouch pictures during intermission.


There was a celebrity here. I'm not sure whether it's Jenni Epperson or Angel Jacob. They're both tall and skinny and have short hair. Oh well.
The play was nice. It was made for kids but we enjoyed it anyway. It's a perfect starter for John, who has never seen an play performed by an actual company before. We must watch plays more often.

After that we went to MOA to meet some friends whom I haven't seen in a long time (FREE Dinner!!!! Thanks, JC). Then I got home at past 10pm. I got scolded by the grandparents and had a fight with my mother over it. 

I don't want to sound like a bad daughter, but they have to get over these late nights. I don't like commuting in the dark either, but it's necessary. I've done this so many times and they've scolded me just as much as they had before. You see, I'm trying to potty train them into getting used to me having to ride public transportation after dusk. Architects have deadly deadlines after all, and nights spent in the office are not unheard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment