Sunday, November 11, 2012

Doing Better

Note: the posts about my undergrad thesis are here for documentation purposes. Someday in the future, I'd like to look back at how I do things today, and compare them to how I do things by then.
11 November 2012

I texted my adviser last week (Tuesday) to see if I could schedule a consultation with her. I know I may seem too enthusiastic, but after the criticism I got last time, I wanted to start this sem in a different tone. 

I was surprised by Maam's quick reply (because she's really REALLY busy) and she scheduled it on Friday morning. I had time to fix up the stuff I came up within the sembreak. I don't think I did anything substantial during the break. I kept changing my mind about things and I ask myself a lot of frustrating questions like:

Why would you put the road through there?

Why are your buildings shaped like that?

Is this even physically possible?

I had time to relax during the break. The Big Bang concert has taken a lot of the stress away (I should go to concerts more often) and home has always been a sanctuary for me and I enjoyed myself immensely. But my thesis was always at the back of my mind. 

Last Friday, the consultation was postponed to 5 in the afternoon. I had eight hours to kill after my 8:30 am class (the teacher didn't show up, meh) so I just spazzed and tried to improve what I've done. By lunch time, I was kicked out of the library, so I went down to the canteen and met two undergrad friends, Chans and Charmaine.

During our conversation, I think I talked too much. I had to remind myself to give them a chance to talk to me. Chans pointed out that I was nervous. I finally admitted to myself that I was. They were nice enough to let me rant. I even showed them my programming and stuff. I was a little embarrassed afterwards. When they had to go I hid myself back in the library and watched some Running Man  to calm myself down.

It went well. We started late because the Dean had so much to do. I was actually feeling overwhelmed for her. But she had time for me, and she also gave landscape architecture advice. She drew trees on my site development plan. :)

It was already dark once we ended. I exited arki and walked to the Acad Oval. It was a cool night. I didn't mind walking to the jeepney stop near Mass Com and walking back to the jeepney stop near Arki (because all exiting jeepneys were already full). I listened to Epik High and Big Bang on the way home. I feelt lighter and energized, and I promised myself that I would do better.


1 comment:

  1. Hihi. Sheez. Text mo ko kelan ka nagpasched. sama ko. X-X

    ReplyDelete