Monday, August 6, 2012

Book Inventory part 1

My Flickr account ran out of space (I promise myself that I'd go pro once I graduate), and I don't know where else to put our book catalog but here.

My sister was the one who started reading a lot back in elementary school. There was no internet for us back then, and the local bookstores of Marbel, Koronadal, South Cotabato did not hold enough children's titles for us. Fortunately, our school library had a great selection of books for kids and young adults. We were always there during our free time, and we befriended our school librarians who would let us stay until our parents picked us up after school hours.

We started with Tintin comic books (which I will buy for my kids someday) and evolved to abridged versions
of the classics, then onward to Harry Potter. We never stopped.

I've read most of these.

When we started receiving allowances, we saved our money to buy books. Booksale and other bargain book stores were still nonexistent. The nearest National Bookstore back then was in Davao City (four hours away), so that gave us time to save our money and buy books whenever we visit. Our parents rarely bought them for us (to teach us the value of money blabla). We didn't mind. We had friends who are also bookworms, and we often swapped books and magazines with them. I'm glad to say that we remain friends until today.

Most of the books collected during that time are still in Marbel. I'm happy that there are too many of them to take to Manila.

So the pictures below are the books that my siblings and I have acquired since we moved to Manila. This inventory does not yet hold the books that we've left in Marbel (because Marbel now has Booksale and Gen. Santos City has NBS).

Children and Young Adult Titles:

 


         


          
          
       


           



We also had a Pendragon phase back in the early college years. But there are 10 books, so I have to put them separately.

I can't distinguish between Children's books and Young Adult. Sometimes, I find kids below 10 years old reading books that I thought were YA. Oh well. I guess I'm getting old.

List of Titles Above

The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
The Giver, Lois Lowry
The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
Sabriel, Garth Nix
City of Bones, Cassandra Clare
The Thief Lord, Cornelia Funke
Coraline, Neil Gaiman
Shiver, Maggie Stiefvater
The Golden Compass, Philip Pullman
The Subtle Knife, Philip Pullman
The Amber Spyglass, Philip Pullman
Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins
Blood Red Road, Moira Young
Leviathan, Scott Westerfeld
Behemoth, Scott Westerfeld
Goliath, Scott Westerfeld
Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception, Eoin Colfer
Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel, Art by Giovani Rigano, Color by Paolo Lamanna
Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident (Graphic Novel), Art by Giovani Rigano, Color by Paolo Lamanna
The Lightning Thief, Rick Riordan
The Sea of Monsters, Rick Riordan
The Titan's Curse, Rick Riordan
Messenger, Lois Lowry
The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan
The Throne of Fire, Rick Riordan

3 comments: